The Advanced Ultrasound Course is designed for students to learn more advanced techniques for the use of ultrasound at the bedside. Students are expected to have a good working knowledge of ultrasound prior to this course. We will cover topics from advanced cardiac ultrasound to pulmonary applications. This course also has extensive hands on training following lectures. The Advanced Ultrasound Course is awarded 8 hours of category 1 CME.
The course will be located at the Hyatt Place & Hyatt House Charleston which is located at 560 King Street, Charleston, SC 29403. Charleston has once again been named the #1 city in the United States by readers of Condé Nast Traveler and Travel+Leisure! The Hyatt Place Charleston – Historic District is the newest downtown hotel and is in the heart of the Upper King Historic District. Located in the vibrant historic district in downtown, the Hyatt offers casually chic guestrooms, 42” flat panel HDTVs, Cozy Corner Sleeper Sofa, refrigerators, and oversized work spaces. We have a block of rooms at a discounted rate of only 229/night. You can call 800-993-4983 to make your reservation or click on the following link https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/CHSZH/G-3RDS. Please make sure to mention you are with 3rd Rock Ultrasound in order to receive the discounts. The last day to make your reservation at the discounted rate is March 1, 2019.
Upon Completion of the Advanced Emergency Ultrasound Course, participants will be able to:
- Produce ultrasound images for limited examination of the following organs: lungs, deep venous structures of the limbs, soft tissue and skin.
- Produce ultrasound images for expanded examination of the cardiac system.
- Produce ultrasound images to be used in guiding management of patient resuscitations.
- Use ultrasound to facilitate the following procedures: thoracentesis, pericardiocentesis, lumbar puncture, paracentesis and peritonsilar abscess drainage.
The Advanced Ultrasound Course
- In this module we explore advanced echo techniques that clinicians can employ to evaluate patients with potential cardiac abnormalities.
- We will look at ultrasound applications for conditions such as CHF, pneumonia and pneumothorax.
- This lecture focuses on the use of ultrasound with critically ill patients. We will review how to use findings from several types of studies to help direct the management of these patients and complete numerous case studies as examples.
- This lecture covers a number of procedural applications of emergency ultrasound. We review ultrasound guided procedures such as paracentesis, thoracentesis, joint aspiration, abscess drainage and more.
Soft Tissue Ultrasound
- We review ultrasound usage for abscess versus cellulitis, as well as musculoskeletal applications.
- This lecture focuses on using ultrasound to diagnose emergency eye pathologies including retinal detachment, vitreous bleeding, lens dislocation, and ruptured globe..
- Hands on training lab with live models and phantoms to allow you to practice the techniques we have reviewed during the morning sessions.
Resident/Fellow (Verification Required)
Physician Assistant (Verification Required)
Nurse Practictioner (Verification Required)
Student / Nurse (Verification Required)