This course will have a slightly different schedule due to the fabulous location. We will cover the standard one Day Advanced Ultrasound Course over 2 days to give participants the opportunity for ample skiing each day.
The Advanced Ultrasound Course is designed for students to learn more advanced techniques for the use of ultrasound at the bedside. Students are expected to have a good working knowledge of ultrasound prior to this course. We will cover topics from advanced cardiac ultrasound to pulmonary applications. This course also has extensive hands on training following lectures. The Advanced Ultrasound Course is awarded 8 hours of category 1 CME.
Upon Completion of the Advanced Emergency Ultrasound Course, participants will be able to:
- Produce ultrasound images for limited examination of the following organs: lungs, deep venous structures of the limbs, soft tissue and skin.
- Produce ultrasound images for expanded examination of the cardiac system.
- Produce ultrasound images to be used in guiding management of patient resuscitations.
- Use ultrasound to facilitate the following procedures: thoracentesis, pericardiocentesis, lumbar puncture, paracentesis and peritonsilar abscess drainage.
The course will be held at The Hyatt Park Centric,3551 N Escala Ct, Park City, UT 84098. The Hyatt Park Centric is tucked away in the Wasatch Mountains, with 7,300 acres of skiable terrain at the Canyons Village, which is accessed via the Sunrise chairlift. The Hyatt Park Centric is only 30 minutes from Salt Lake City International Airport
We have secured sleeping rooms at The Hyatt Park Centric for your convenience. We have the following reduced room rates:
- Deluxe K or 2 Queens: $319
- One Bedroom Residence: $439
- Two Bedroom Residence: $889
To reserve a room at the The Hyatt Park Centric please use the following link https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/SLCPC/G-3RDU. This link will allow you to make your reservation online in our discounted room block. You can also email Doris Rodriguez at email@example.com. She is happy to assist with room reservations in our discounted room block. You may also call 800-233-1234 or 435-940-1234 and identify yourself as part of 3rd Rock Ultrasound. The discounted room rate will be available until December 19, 2021.
The Advanced Ultrasound Course
Resident/Fellow (Verification Required)
Physician Assistant (Verification Required)
Nurse Practictioner (Verification Required)
Student / Nurse (Verification Required)